Tripp Lite, a world-leading manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions, has introduced a market first—a rack-mounted air conditioning unit specifically designed to cool IT equipment. The SRCOOL7KRM rack-mounted AC unit provides highly efficient, close-coupled cooling for equipment inside a rack enclosure installed in a server room, main distribution frame or data center. Its EIA-compliant rack-mount form factor doesn’t require additional floor space, and IT staff can install the SRCOOL7KRM as easily as any other rack-mountable equipment. A built-in evaporator eliminates condensation so there is no need for a floor drain or water collection tank.
The SRCOOL7KRM rack-mounted AC unit is engineered for IT applications. The unit supports unattended startup and shutdown, including automatic restart after a power outage. With the optional SRCOOLNET2 remote management accessory, users can monitor temperatures and control settings from anywhere via an Ethernet connection.
- Saves valuable floor space in IT environments
- Saves energy using highly efficient close-coupled cooling
- Provides 7,000 BTU/h (2.0 kW) of cooling power
- Compatible with any EIA-compliant rack enclosure
- Supports unattended startup and shutdown
- Restarts automatically after power failures
- Allows users to monitor temperatures, receive alerts, review logs and control settings from any location with the optional SRCOOLNET2 network management accessory
“We’re excited to introduce this IT-focused rack-mounted air conditioning unit,” said Craig Watkins, Tripp Lite Product Manager. “The combination of space savings, highly efficient operation and IT-friendly features makes the new SRCOOL7KRM rack-mounted AC unit ideal for any IT environment that suffers from lack of floor space and insufficient cooling.”
For more information on the new cooling solution, visit: Tripp Lite SRCOOL7KRM Rack-Mounted Air Conditioning Unit.