Toshiba Visual Solutions Corporation has announced the U.S. release of the new Symbio multi-function smart home solution, delivering the capabilities of six products—a wireless security camera, smart speaker, voice control with Amazon Alexa, an intercom, smart sound detector and an expandable smart home hub—all in a single elegant device.
By consolidating multiple smart home functions into one solution, Symbio eliminates the need to purchase and control multiple devices, giving consumers more value for their money and empowering users to manage their smart home quickly and easily with their voice or a simple touch.
All Symbio functionality is controlled through a single, user-friendly app, which works with iOS and Android smartphones. The Toshiba Smart Home App turns a smartphone into a remote control for all Toshiba Symbio connected smart home devices. With the app, users have full control over everything from lights and music to door locks and temperature settings, from any location—at home, at the office or out of town.
Symbio™ also functions as a smart home hub, which accommodates many connected devices powered by Z-Wave or ZigBee wireless technology, the wireless communications protocol used in hundreds of home automation devices. With a growing number of devices available today, and more being continually introduced, users can easily expand and customize their home with additional smart devices over time.
Essentially, with one simple device, Symbio™ can deliver a smart home experience that previously required professionally installed systems.
Six smart home Symbio functions:
- Security Camera: 1080p Full HD, wide-angle, low-light camera keeps an eye on children, pets and the home environment for greater peace of mind. Provides sound- and motion-based alerts, and streams live HD video to a smartphone.
- Smart Sound Detector: Monitors for loud sounds, including legacy smoke detectors, and sends smartphone alerts for increased safety.
- Smart Speaker: Integrated full-range speaker offers built-in access to Bluetooth or almost limitless streaming music from leading services like Amazon Music, Pandora and iHeart Radio. Features an exclusive ODMD (Onkyo Double Molding Diaphragm) high-excursion driver to deliver rich, immersive sound.
- Touch-free Voice Control with Amazon Alexa: With simple voice commands, Alexa can answer questions, play music, provide news updates and control lights, temperature and more.
- Smart Home Hub: Allows your Symbio to connect and control additional sensors and devices. Easily expand your system over time with a variety of third-party IoT devices.
- Intercom: Offers built-in microphones and speaker to enable two-way communication between Symbio and your smartphones.
In addition to retail sales, the power and flexibility of Symbio makes it an ideal solution for those interested in launching “smart-home” related services such as home automation, security or providing access for curated service providers.
“Symbio is a tremendous addition to our growing portfolio of Toshiba Visual Solutions consumer smart home products, which includes our smart TVs with voice search and home appliance control services,” said Mineo Maruyama, Vice President, Toshiba Visual Solutions Corporation. “By integrating the latest IoT technologies, such as AI, audio technologies and voice recognition, we will continue to expand the functionality of today’s smart homes while providing easy, useful and personalized services to support this evolution in the future.”