Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.
Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.
“Music continues to be essential when creating the ultimate gaming experience”, said Mikael Ericsson, Product Director, Platform & Partner Experience at Spotify. “Starting today, we’re really excited to offer Xbox One gamers the ability to choose their own unique soundtrack while enjoying their favorite games.”
How to get started with Spotify on Xbox One:
Super Easy Set Up
– Fire up your Xbox One and go to the Xbox Store
– Download and install the ‘Spotify Music – for Xbox’ app
– Log into Spotify or create an account
Find the perfect playlist for epic gaming
– Go to Browse in Spotify to find the Gaming hub, where you’ll find pre-curated gaming playlists, including “Epic Gamin” and “Power Gaming”, and a specially-curated playlist by Xbox’s very own Major Nelson.
Control your playback without interrupting the game, using Spotify Connect
– Fire up the Spotify app on your phone, tablet or laptop while listening to Spotify on the Xbox.
– Pause, skip or select new music wirelessly on the Xbox directly in the Spotify app.