OpenText, the global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced the availability of its new Process Suite, enabling organizations to simplify complicated business and case automation processes around enterprise content management, customer engagement, information exchange, information discovery, and more. Combining OpenText's Cordys platform with packaged applications and add-on products, the new Process Suite provides the highest levels of agility and shortest time-to-value, and has been shown to cut application development times by more than half.
With traditional BPM solutions typically taking up to 18 months to roll out, a company may find that its needs have changed and that the solutions have become outdated by the time they are implemented. This challenge is exacerbated by ever-expanding volumes of data and new ways to reach internal and external stakeholders. OpenText's Process Suite optimizes operational processes and provides more flexibility, through packaged applications, pre-built delivery solution components, and tools that cut the time spent designing and deploying solutions.
"Automating business processes across an organization has proven to be a challenging task for companies, which often experience a mismatch between the cycle of business needs and the available supporting technology," said Jim Sinur, noted process expert and former Gartner analyst. "The market needs a solution to better manage workflow to help increase their productivity and cut development times."
Process Suite is part of OpenText's Project Red Oxygen, which enables organizations to discover and manage information to spur growth and innovation across their organization, and increase time to competitive advantage. As a full-featured solution, the Process Suite platform includes:
- OpenText Cordys 10.5 – Combines process and case management in one system to help automate everything from the simplest to the most complex processes.
- BPM Everywhere – Allows knowledge workers to easily communicate and collaborate through a social user interface, and on any device they choose.
- Process Component Library – Assembles applications from a library of case management and service delivery components to shorten time to value.
- AppWorks Gateway – Integrates the full set of OpenText EIM products using developer resources and RESTful APIs.
- Broad Deployment Capabilities – Process Suite can be used on-premise, as a SaaS solution, as a PaaS solution, and also using a hybrid deployment strategy.
"With capabilities unmatched by the competition, Process Suite simplifies what's traditionally been a complicated process, and decreases development times from nine to 18 months down to three to six months," said Muhi Majzoub, senior vice president of engineering, OpenText. "It provides the agility necessary to design, develop and deploy rich automation and case management applications quickly, and makes it easier for our customers to understand, purchase and deploy their own solutions."
OpenText's Process Suite provides increased speed and agility, without sacrificing functionality. It includes fully developed solutions and packaged applications, to further decrease the time to deployment.
Process Suite has also been architected for the cloud with full multi-tenancy, rich process and case modeling tools, business rules, master data management (MDM), and an enterprise service bus (ESB.) The solution is also able to create and consume SOA-based web services.
Add-on products that also help organizations better meet the specific needs of their users include:
- OpenText Process Intelligence – Process analytics and data visualization to better understand the performance of processes.
- OpenText ProVision – Business architecture analysis and modelling system.
- OpenText Capture Center – Document and character recognition program that turns paper documents into machine-readable information.
Developers are able to use the new AppWorks solution from OpenText, which provides RESTful APIs and shared services across the broad set of OpenText's EIM capabilities, from enterprise content management to customer engagement, information exchange and information discovery, to more easily integrate these information management capabilities into process and case automation solutions based on the Process Suite. This adds to the richness of the automation solutions, and cuts the development and deployment time significantly.
Project Red Oxygen increases time to competitive advantage by providing five comprehensive and integrated product suites, including Process Suite, Experience Suite, Discovery Suite, Information Exchange Suite, and AppWorks. Together, they deliver a unified developer platform, an engaging and consistent user experience and deep integration across suites to enable CIOs to partner with all lines of business.