As widespread data breaches continue to make headlines and consumers become more vigilant around security and privacy, cybersecurity leader McAfee today announced McAfee Identity Theft Protection, allowing users to take a proactive approach to protecting their identities. McAfee understands consumers want to feel safe, and that safety is a very personal thing. McAfee Identity Theft Protection helps deliver the peace of mind people desire by providing personal monitoring, financial monitoring and recovery tools against identity theft and financial fraud.
Recent McAfee research reveals that identity theft is top of mind for consumers, with most survey respondents reporting it as their primary or secondary concern when it comes to cybersecurity priorities. Despite this high level of concern, only about one in three (37%) currently use an identity theft protection solution, highlighting the need for consumers to feel secure in the choice of provider they use to help protect their sensitive, personal information.
“This past year in particular, we’ve seen some of the worst data breaches yet, further underscoring the need for consumers to be increasingly vigilant in protecting their personal information,” said John Giamatteo, executive vice president, consumer business group, McAfee. “As a global leader in cybersecurity that protects more than 375 million customers and is at the forefront of the latest threat research, McAfee is best equipped to help consumers safeguard their identities in a world where we continue to see more sophisticated and frequent attacks.”
Key Features and Benefits Include1:
- Cyber Monitoring – Scans the online black market and the Dark Web and notifies users when their personal information is at risk
- Social Security Number Trace – Delivers reports of known aliases and addresses tied to a user’s social security number so they can review for potentially fictitious identities
- Credit Monitoring – Sends reports based on lending and credit history and alerts users to changes to creditworthiness
- 24/7 Dedicated Agent Support – Allows users access to agents who can answer questions and provide guidance on topics from using credit responsibly to handling identity theft
- ID Recovery and Stolen Funds Reimbursement – Reimburses users for qualifying recovery costs if their identity is stolen, including expenses such as lost wages and legal fees