HP introduced entry-priced software that provides customers who have limited IT budgets with an easy-to-use and quick-to-deploy enterprise management solution.
HP OpenView Client Configuration Manager, based on proven Radia technology, offers resource-constrained customers integrated inventory collection, software distribution and patch management, among other capabilities.
The product allows customers who place a premium on quick time to value and ease of use to invest in an entry-priced offering today and then, as their needs grow and evolve, upgrade to other fully featured and highly scalable solutions in the HP OpenView Configuration Management portfolio.
“The need to automate and manage change is significant to all businesses regardless of size,” said Fred Broussard, research manager, PC and Device Management Software, IDC. “Solutions such as the entry-priced HP OpenView Client Configuration Manager allow HP and channel partners to be better positioned to offer customers a solution that can grow and evolve over time to meet changing business requirements.”
HP OpenView Client Configuration Manager also lowers the barriers to entry for customers to begin the journey towards becoming an Adaptive Enterprise, in which business and IT are synchronized to capitalize on change.
“HP OpenView Client Configuration Manager provides an affordable, integrated solution for the complex and critical task of managing software in enterprise environments,” said Eileen O’Brien, vice president of marketing, Personal Systems Group, HP. “HP is committed to developing solutions which provide real and valuable benefits to customers of all sizes, and today’s announcement provides them with a very compelling growth path towards the full strength of the HP OpenView portfolio.”
- HP OpenView Client Configuration Manager makes software management intuitive
- HP OpenView Client Configuration Manager is designed for maximum out-of-the-box functionality with little required customization. An installation wizard allows the product to be deployed with minimal training or consulting costs.
- — Discovery of installed hardware and software assets;
- — Discovery of vulnerabilities, deployment of security patches and continuous verification to protect PCs from security exposures;
- — Distribution of software and updates to locally or remotely connected PCs;
- — A single, easy-to-use management console;
- — Built-in reports for inventory, security and operations;
- — Support for Windows(R) client operating systems (2000, XP Professional).
Key product capabilities include:
“The new HP OpenView Client Configuration Manager product is a valuable addition to HP’s portfolio of configuration management solutions,” said Bob Bailey, executive vice president, Agilysys, Inc. “The product provides customers with an out-of-the-box solution that is easy to install, implement and use. The product will allow Agilysys to offer enterprise customers a software configuration management solution to meet their specific business requirements and budget constraints.”
Pricing and availability
Estimated starting U.S. street pricing for HP OpenView Client Configuration Manager is $25 per seat license, including one-year free standard telephone support and product updates. The product is expected to be available through HP and OpenView channel partners in October.