CA Technologies and Cisco announced they are expanding their relationship through collaborative technology integration. Their latest work is designed to enable organizations to achieve greater agility, automation and scale in their data center operations, while accelerating the move toward cloud computing-based services. Launched today is the release of CA Service Assurance and Service Automation solutions designed to support the Cisco Unified Computing System. The integration of Cisco’s Unified Computing System(TM) data center platform with the CA systems management suite enables customers to accelerate the deployment of new applications, streamline operations, reduce costs and provide reliable service delivery in public and private cloud computing environments.
KEY FACTS: CA Technologies and Cisco Deliver Integrated Management Technology for Virtualized Data Centers
– The ability to manage the Cisco Unified Computing System natively from
CA Technologies’ leading management software provides unified
management capabilities to help customers see and control the platform
infrastructure and application stack.
– CA Technologies and Cisco today are announcing the integration of
three CA management tools with the Cisco Unified Computing System.
Utilizing the Cisco UCS Manager open XML API (Application Programming
Interface), CA Technologies has integrated management of the Cisco
Unified Computing System platform into the following solutions:
– CA Spectrum(R) Automation Manager – A policy-based server
provisioning and automation tool
– CA eHealth(R) Performance Manager – A performance management
solution that monitors device health across an organization’s
– CA Spectrum(R) Infrastructure Manager – An integrated management
solution for fault isolation and root cause analysis, and network
– CA Technologies has integrated operating system provisioning on top of
Cisco Unified Computing System service profiles natively within the CA
Spectrum Automation Manager interface, enabling IT organizations to
manage resources according to predefined service-level agreements for
each business application.
– The CA Service Assurance tools – CA eHealth Performance Manager and CA
Spectrum Infrastructure Manager – also discover Cisco UCS server and
network topology and gather performance and status statistics for
reporting and analysis. CA’s ‘OneClick’ management interface further
simplifies operational processes, improving staff responsiveness and
– The integrated solution enables the deployment of new computing
approaches within existing processes, with reduced operational
– Users of existing CA tools and CA-based policies and processes
manage the Cisco Unified Computing System platform directly from
this same management suite, enabling accelerated adoption of
benefits such as unprecedented flexibility, power savings, extended
memory and virtualized I/O.
– Standard x86 application stacks can easily and reliably be run
anywhere within a Unified Computing System environment, with
familiar CA Technologies solutions.
– Cisco is working with industry-leading companies such as CA
Technologies to build a comprehensive ecosystem of data center
partners to help ease customer transitions to virtualized and cloud
environments; the systems management area is one of the key technology
areas being addressed in this industry ecosystem.