The Apple Specialist Marketing Co-op (ASMC) announced the results of their Annual Member Survey today showing big growth numbers for the independent Apple Specialist Reseller Channel and strong forecasts for 2008.
“Our survey results show that Apple Specialists grew their Apple sales business more than 20% in 2007,” according to Richard Haddock, ASMC President, and owner of Haddock Computers in Wichita, KS. “And our dealers expect to grow as much or more in 2008.”
The survey polled 35 key Apple Specialist Dealers and Apple Authorized Service Providers in the US and Canada on the growth of their Apple sales & service businesses in 2007 and their forecasts for these businesses in 2008.
“We have known for some time that the Apple Specialist business has been growing, and channel morale is high, but these numbers are really stunning,” said Haddock. “People are very bullish about their Apple business and ready to invest to grow more over the coming years.”
Other survey results include:
- — More than 95% of Apple Specialists polled grew their Apple sales business in 2007
- — Over 60% grew their Apple sales more than 20% in 2007
- — Over 30% grew their Apple sales more than 30% in 2007
- — 100% of Apple Specialists polled expect their Apple Sales business to grow in 2008
- — Nearly 65% forecast sales growth of 20% or higher in 2008
- — 100% of Apple Specialists polled grew their Apple service business in 2007
- — Over 60% grew their Apple service more than 20% in 2007
- — 100% of Apple Specialists polled expect their Apple service business to grow in 2008
- — Nearly 70% forecast service growth of 20% or higher in 2008
“Part of the growth is coming from the increased awareness and acceptance of the Apple brand in general,” said Kevin Langdon, ASMC Executive Director and owner of Crywolf Computers in San Diego, CA. “And part of it is coming from the very strong lineup of Apple products currently available.
“But a key component of this growth comes from the makeup of the average Apple Specialist dealer – we are forward-looking, resilient entrepreneurs who care greatly about our Apple businesses. We are in this for the long haul and are investing in our stores and our messaging to key customer segments.”
“Apple Specialists provide the complete, one-stop solution for all their clients’ Macintosh product and service needs,” Haddock said. “Apple Specialists don’t just sell boxes – we consult with our clients and design custom computing solutions to fit their specific requirements. Most Apple Specialists also provide onsite services and training.”
Added Langdon, “This is a very good time to be an Apple reseller and service provider.”
The Apple Specialists Marketing Co-op represents 160 Apple Specialist Dealers, Apple Authorized Resellers and Apple Authorized Service Providers with more than 300 locations throughout the US and Canada. Our members are listed online at http://www.applespecialist.com.