American Express today announces availability in Apple Pay, the easy way to pay. Apple Pay will be available for eligible Canadian Consumer, Small Business and Corporate Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada1 using their iPhone® 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad and Apple Watch.
Apple Pay allows American Express Cardmembers in Canada to pay in store with compatible Apple devices at participating American Express contactless merchants, or for purchases within participating apps that accept American Express2. Cardmembers simply add their eligible Card to Apple Pay to make fast and convenient purchases.
In addition, Cardmembers who use an eligible American Express Card in Apple Pay have access to these features:
- Real-time notifications and details for all purchases
- Seamless connection to the Amex® Mobile App for more flexible account monitoring, servicing and access to information about rewards
Apple Pay will roll out in Canada on Tuesday, November 17, 2015. Cardmembers can make purchases in store with their Apple Watch, iPhone® 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone® 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and for purchases within apps with iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 3.
Trusted Safety and Security
Whether Cardmembers tap with Apple Pay, or click or swipe with their American Express Card, American Express has their back. American Express intelligent security systems can help detect fraud by spotting something unusual in a Cardmember's spending pattern, and our Fraud Protection Guarantee* lets Cardmembers shop with confidence.
- For security, a Card in Apple Pay will be tokenized with a different number than the Cardmember's plastic Card
- Every payment will be authorized with Touch ID or a passcode before the transaction is processed
How to Add an American Express Card to Apple Pay
- To add an American Express Card to Apple Pay on a supported iPhone or iPad running on iOS 9 or later, Cardmembers can go to the Wallet app to get started. If a Cardmember already has an American Express Card on file with iTunes they only have to type in their security code. To add a new Card, Cardmembers should follow instructions to either manually enter Card information or take a picture.
- To set up and use Apple Pay with an Apple Watch paired with an iPhone 5 or later running on iOS 9 or later, Cardmembers open the Watch app on their iPhone, scroll down to tap Wallet and simply follow the instructions.