The Weather Network app featured on Apple Best of 2016 list
The Weather Network and MétéoMédia, divisions of Pelmorex Media Inc., was recently featured on Apple's BEst of 2016 list. Of the two million apps currently available on the App Store, The Weather Network and MétéoMédia app was ranked in the top half of the Top 50 Free Apps of 2016.
Apple's recent publication of its annual best of the year lists includes a compilation of the top free and paid apps that dominated the App Store this year. The popular Weather Network and MétéoMédia app, one of a few Canadian-owned and operated companies to appear on the Best of 2016 list, provides extensive weather forecasts and severe weather alerts in the palm of your hand. The Weather Network and MétéoMédia are currently ranked fourth in Canada's Top Mobile App Properties behind Facebook, Google and Apple according to comScore Media Metrix.
"We are extremely excited to be included as one of the Top 50 Free Apps of 2016, delivering weather information to consumers fingertips," said Pierre L. Morrissette, Chairman, President & CEO of Pelmorex Media Inc. "The Weather Network and MétéoMédia are proud to continue to deliver the most innovative and up-to-date weather-related content, solidifying our position as a leader in weather information applications."
As one of the most popular apps for Apple users, The Weather Network and MétéoMédia app includes the following key features:
- Detailed weather forecasts including current, short-term (36 hours), long-term (14 days) and hourly forecasts for user's favourite locations, updated every 15 minutes to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Animated icons and dynamic weather-triggered backgrounds reflect the current weather conditions of the current location
- Severe weather and storm alerts to notify when a storm is imminent. Users will see a red banner on the affected cities and regions and can click-thru for more information
- Follow-Me functionality is available, automatically detecting user's local forecast within one kilometer of the current location.
- User submitted content allows app users to share their local weather moments with the world, letting users explore photo and video galleries.
The Weather Network and MétéoMédia app has consistently been ranked as one of the most popular apps. During active weather periods, the iPhone app receives over 300 million page views per month and delivers over 50 million notifications, alerting users to critical weather warnings and public safety alerts when they need it most.