Nexsan and Unitrends Partner to Deliver All-in-One Backup, Archiving and Disaster Recovery
Nexan a leading independent provider of data storage systems, today announced support for Unitrends Enterprise Backup, the all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery, and disaster recovery solution. The combination of Nexsan’s highly reliable, scalable, and energy efficient data storage systems with Unitrends all-in-one backup software appliance will deliver backup and disaster recovery for today’s modern IT infrastructure encompassing hundreds of operating systems to support physical, virtual, and cloud platforms.
Typical IT environments are not just physical or virtual but built around a heterogeneous mix of operating systems, applications and disparate infrastructure. To unify data protection, IT professionals need a scalable all-in-one backup and disaster recovery solution that leverages world-class data deduplication, bare metal recovery and data archiving. The Unitrends Enterprise Backup solution is a virtual appliance deeply integrated with Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere and can now be deployed with Nexsan E-Series™ SAN and NST5000 Unified Hybrid Storage to offer a solution providing flexibility and immense scalability for heterogeneous and disparate IT infrastructures.
Key advantages of the Nexsan-enabled Unitrends Enterprise Backup solution include:
· Industry-leading storage density with up to 240TB in a single 4U storage array that expands to meet capacity demands
· Reduced cooling costs and up to 85% energy savings with AutoMAID (Automatic Massive Array of Idle Disks) power savings technology
· Anti-vibration storage system design and Cool Drive Technology™ for stable system performance and increased reliability
· Unique Active Drawer Technology for uninterrupted I/O during maintenance
· Single server backup combined with multiple servers backup
· Support for over 100 versions of computers, storage, operating systems, hypervisors, and applications
· Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere incremental forever with on-demand synthetics
· Virtual support at the HOS (Host Operating System) level and virtual and physical support at both the GOS (Guest Operating System) and physical server level
· Integrated D2D2x (Disk-to-Disk-to-Any) data protection including archival support for disk, tape, SAN, NAS and archival and replication support for private and public single- and multi-tenant clouds
· Perfect balance of performance and capacity, based on workload and recovery requirements
“The Unitrends virtual backup and DR appliance provides a modern approach for protecting critical data across virtual, physical and cloud environments,” said Jim Caro, Sr. Vice President of Corporate Development & Global Alliances, Unitrends. “Combined with reliable, high-performance and efficient storage systems from Nexsan, IT professionals benefit from a unified solution that reduces the capital and operating costs of data protection.”
“Nexsan storage systems provide highly scalable, efficient, and reliable disk-based targets for backup,” said Victoria Grey, SVP, Marketing, Nexsan. “Nexsan E-Series packs incredible density with 2.4PB in a single rack along with half the failure rate of other systems. Combined with the next generation capabilities of Unitrend’s Enterprise Backup the solution offers customers a powerful, scalable, and cost effective solution.”